Wednesday, February 11, 2015

♥The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer♥



Synopsis:


Mara Dyer believes life can't get any stranger than waking up in a hospital with no memory of how she got there.

It can.

She believes there must be more to the accident she can't remember that killed her friends and left her strangely unharmed.

There is.

She doesn't believe that after everything she's been through, she can fall in love.

She's wrong.




My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Is it paranormal? Is it not? Is it a romance? Is it a mystery? What is it??
I feel like I'm grasping at something, I just don't know  what that something is.


It has such a nonsensical overwhelming avalanche of craziness that just had me lost for most part of the book. I don't remember being this confused since reading The Raven Boys. Mara is the most unreliable narrator known to man, but then again, she is bat shit crazy so I'll give her that.


Where was the plot? Where was the climax? What was the point?


I can understand why so many people adore this book to astronomical proportions, but then again, I can also see why this books makes so many want to gauge their eyes out. The thing is I'm neither here nor there.

I have no idea what's going on but I'm on to the next book.

P.S. In regards to Noah Shaw aka the reason I read this book.

P.P.S That little twist? Saw it from a mile away.



♥Until next time♥

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...