Monday, February 9, 2015

♥Sacrificed: The Last Oracle♥


Synopsis:


Fifteen-year-old Clio should have never been the Oracle of Sheehan. That power is passed from mother to eldest daughter, and Clio is the youngest of four sisters. But when her entire family is murdered by Mannix, the king's adviser, Clio is left all alone and heir to a power she never wanted and doesn't understand.

Hunted by Mannix, Clio seeks refuge in a foreign city where oracles are absolutely forbidden. If she's found out, she will be sacrificed atop its great pyramid.

Clio has no choice but to win the trust of Riece, an enemy warrior. Despite the growing feelings between them, Clio knows that if he finds out who she really is, he won't hesitate to kill her.

Clio tries to hide her budding powers, but the visions she has of Mannix bringing a barbarian army into Sheehan torture her conscience. She alone has the strength and foresight to stop him, but only if she can embrace her destiny and sacrifice everything.


Release Date: February 13, 2015



My rating: 3 of 5 stars

♥{Ever So Mela}♥{Bloglovin}♥{Facebook}♥{Google+}♥

At every corner they were being hunted like animals and executed like criminals. 
I thought we were safe...but the Deities decided to not intervene when death came knocking.

Now everything I've known has come to an end. Everyone I've loved has been ripped from my hands. All I have left is to run.



All things I once believed are not as they seemed for the truth is not as black and white as I had believed. 

I am only one but still I am me... and nothing will ever be the same for they now made me who I am...

I AM THE ORACLE...

And this is just the beginning...

________________________________________



Haven't you ever read a book and noticed something  was missing but you couldn't exactly pinpoint what?

The premise is rather fascinating and for being a debut novel this is good just not great IMHO.

This had a very strong plot and I didn't really feel the romance overshadowed anything but I did have a massive problem with the romance. It's not really news for me to say that I don't mind love triangles. They're fun even when your team loses but they need to complement the story, not just add tension. And that's all this triangle was for. Unnecessary tension. And ridiculous tension at that.

Then there was a whole lot of telling and not enough showing. An example: they kept telling us Riece was the most wanted bachelor in all the land-over and over again- but we never really see this. They also kept explaining every blush and the reason for it. It gets annoying after a while. Just leave something to the imagination.

And finally, there was Clio's hero complex. This is the most overused trope in all existence and therefore the one I loathe. I despise it when we have an inexperienced female lead that wants to jump into every single freaking situation that can get her killed because she just has to help


This gets old real fast.



So in the end it is quite enjoyable if any of my former whining doesn't bother you. It has a slow start but a promising end.
definitely looking forward to what's to come.

"I was provided this ARC via NetGalley in exchange of an honest review."



View all my reviews


♥Until next time♥ 

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...