Sunday, February 22, 2015

♥Kaleidoscope Hearts♥



Synopsis:

He was my older brother's best friend. 
He was never supposed to be mine. 
I thought we would get it out of our system and move on. 

One of us did. 
One of us left. 

Now he’s back, looking at me like he wants to devour me. And all those feelings I’d turned into anger are brewing into something else, something that terrifies me. 
He broke my heart last time. 
This time he'll obliterate it.




My rating: 1 of 5 stars

 
I'm so tired of writing these reviews over and over again. It feels like I'm on this never ending shit luck cause I search and I search and I can't find that 5 star book. The thing is a lot of these start out great-marvelous even- and I'm floating in the clouds thinking "This will be the one! I have finally found it!" but then reality beckons and gravity takes a hold of me and I come crashing down...on the cold, hard, spike filled (yes it has spikes) unforgiving concrete. And as the saying goes "the higher you fly the harder you fall.

I was so sure I was heading towards something beautiful. I mean, this is an author everyone loves and gushes about, so yeah. I had pretty high expectations. Skyscraper high.

So the thing is the blurb reads as if Oliver had broken her heart but I don't think that's true. As you start to get into the story you will see that they were NEVER really together. They hooked up randomly and then lost contact for months. I'm sorry but in my definition that is not love. That's the good ol'
friends with benefits. All the good stuff without the compromise. Granted they got along and really were friends but it was never more than that. So it drove me up the wall every time Estelle would act like he committed the highest treason when they had sex(that one time!) and he left without saying goodbye. It was one freaking time! Get over yourself!

So this is supposedly an adult romance...riiiiight. These two read like hormonal teenagers. Immature and insecure and it was just tiring to have to listen to their inner mumbo-jumbo crap.

I just think this was over done drama that could have been resolved by talking but every time something happened Estelle would avoid everyone and go on about her way and then get mad when Oliver didn't keep on calling to suck up.

Repetition, repetition repetition. That is all this was. Same thing happening over and over again.

There were so many other aspects that irritated me to no end but I refuse to keep on wasting time detailing it out. There are too many books out there that need to be read so....Peace out!


View all my reviews

♥Until next time♥

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...