Saturday, February 14, 2015

♥The Nature of Cruelty♥


Synopsis:


Her name is Lana. She wasn’t dealt the easiest cards in life. She wasn’t dealt the hardest. She has an illness, but she doesn’t let it rule her. The first time she laid eyes on her best friend’s twin brother she fell in love at first sight. It didn’t last very long. He was a hateful boy who made her miserable. The happiest day of her life was when he moved away to London six years ago.

His name is Robert. He breaks the ones who love him. He’s always liked to play games with Lana, see how far he could push her. He once thrived on her pain, but no more. Now she’s coming to London to live with his sister for the summer and this time he plans on being her friend instead of her tormentor. But Lana is scarred by his past bullying. She doesn’t trust him, nor does she have any reason to.

When the two find themselves living under the same roof, they call a truce. This summer will change both of their lives, as they put their history aside and learn one another from scratch.

When fear takes over, we use cruelty as a mask. Robert and Lana’s story will see their masks slip away as the love they felt on the inside shows its true face.

 **Not suitable for younger readers. Contains strong language and scenes of a sexual nature.**

My rating: 1 of 5 stars
20 pages in and I knew I wasn't going to like it...


60 pages in and I already wanted to DNF it



I don't tend to cuss but things do get colorful down there.

You see I didn't like anything but I'm just going to run through that things I hated. We wouldn't want a mile long review.

First off this was unbelievably horrible. Shit was just atrocious. But bear with me cause trust me when I say I have my reasons.

Lets start off with my mayor NO-NO. And that would be Robert.
Aka the fucking creeper.
This dude seriously creeped me the hell out. I mean just look at the shit he does:
 I think I feel the hem of my dress move, but it must have been an insect or a string breeze, because when I open my eyes there's nothing. The third time it happens I get irritated, and my eyes snap open to find Robert has lifted the end of my dress and is looking right up it.
And when she asks him what the hell he thinks he's doing he has the nerve to
say:
  "What does it look like?(...) I like your underwear. What kind of lace is it?""
I mean in what world is it EVER ok to look up someone's dress and then act like they're the person overreacting?!?!

The fact that he acts like she's just this obtainable piece of meat that he can caress whenever the hell he feels like it without ever getting her consent!!! Screw you and your sexist ideals you worthless piece of degenerate scum!

So then he's all  
"Oh, don't be so melodramatic. I didn't violate you. Violating requires an action. I was simply enjoying the view." "You lifted up my dress. That's an action Robert." He scratches his jaw."Well now, you have me there. Aren't you flattered? I know some women who'd be over the moon to be violated by me."


OMG and how could I forget the CAMERA. The fucker sneaks into her room  WHILE SHE IS SLEEPING to take pictures of her. YES people, you read right!!!! I mean does his pea-sized brain not fully understand the simplicity of a fucking boundary?!

The things that go through his mind!!
   "Sometimes you can be so deeply wrapped up in a person that the only way to deal with it is to use cruelty to push them away."


Then we have the other side of the romance which is a 22 year old uptight prude. I seriously have no problem with the virgin trope-even though it's found in every stinkin corner-but what I despise is when this girl is basically terrified to even speak the word penis and then all of a sudden is a master in bed and gives the most epic head known to man. I mean if she's gonna be seen as a prude don't change her midway into this unbelievable and unrealistic sex god! Shit does not fly!

Then there's her train of thought
   His words blindside me a little. I knew Robert has depth, but I hadn't known the true extent of it until now.
Wait, what? I'm sorry I missed that. Was this before or after he was lifting up your dress to sneak a peak.


And then her reason for breaking up with him within the last 40 pages of the book, because HELOUUUUUU we need drama!
“I think about the factors that caused me to go into shock, and the little things that have been accumulating over the last few weeks. Like how I never get as much sleep when Robert’s in my bed, or how I’m so wrapped up in him that I don’t give enough care or time to my health or my sugar levels, or anything else for that matter.I’ve said it so many times before, but he makes me forget myself, and it’s not all his fault. It’s not his fault I’m so in love with him that it makes me careless. That all I can think about is being with him, to hell with important stuff that could mean the difference between life and death.”

Girl it ain't his fault you a dumbass twat who gives jack about her life. Ain't no love interest gonna keep me from living no matter how life shattering the sex is!!!  Stupid ass twit!

Trust me she says more shit like this but I refused to highlight the whole book, sorry.

Look, I've read my good share of childhood tormentor turned lover and I have never, EVER been this conflicted. How can she just forgive him at the drop of a hat. Where the hell is your self respect woman?! Sexual harassment is not-I repeat- IS NOT an apology!

And don't even get me started on her diabetes...



View all my reviews


♥Until next time♥ 

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...