Friday, May 8, 2015

♥Sincerely, Carter♥




Synopsis:
Just friends.
We’re just friends.
No, really. She’s just my best friend...
Arizona Turner has been my best friend since fourth grade, even when we “hated” each other. We’ve been there for one another through first kisses, first “times,” and we’ve been each other’s constant when good relationships turned bad. (We even went to colleges that were minutes away from each other…)
Throughout the years, and despite what anyone says, we’ve never crossed the line.
Never thought about it.
Never wanted to.
Until one night changed everything.
At least, it should’ve ...
Just friends.
We’re just friends.
I’m only saying this until I figure out if she’s still “just” my best friend…

My rating: 3 of 5 stars

  "How the boy with itchy hair and gangly height from fourth grade had grown into the dominant and sexy man sitting next to me, I’d never know… "
Such an amazing beginning! I don't know about you guys but anything that covers fake relationships, roommates, boy next door, enemies to lovers, and best friends to lovers(I think I mentioned every existent trope) is a definite buy for me. I adore these tropes. Seriously, the tension drives me up the wall in the best possible way.
The banter was fun and the letters adorable. I really appreciated the time sequence and the distinct POVs. The creativity was fun and I hadn't read anything like it (I'm not referring to it story wise) before.

Carter was unbelievably hot as was everything that came out of his mouth. He made me laugh out loud countless times and swoon an even greater deal. He had a dry humor(which is the best kind) that kills me and I couldn't help but fall for him.

Then there's the other half, Arizona. She's kind of that little girl we all have inside, waiting for her one true love with sparks and fireworks. I guess what I loved most about her was that even with that fairytale notion she didn't have that innocent role that lately all female leads seem to have, nor was she sleeping with every guy in sight. I think she was a perfect balance between sexy and innocent (but I did just say she wasn't all that innocent...oh well).

So if everything sounds so fun why am I giving it 3 stars?
It was lacking...

Their transition or realization of attraction was just way past ridiculous. We never got an inkling to anything and then all of a sudden BAM they find each other sexy as hell. It felt forced and unrealistic and sadly it just took away so much from the story. There was never any tension, any build-up, and when the moment came I was left underwhelmed. And completely disappointed.

It also ended all of a sudden. I needed more of them towards the end. At least some kind of epilogue. I don't know, something that would have left me satisfied.

And to be honest, at times I was bored outta my mind. I felt it dragged where it should have been rushed and was rushed in places that needed to be lengthened. But maybe that's just me.

2.75
I feel ridiculous with this rating(hence it being all the way down here) but I can't bring myself to give it a full 3 stars and yet it's not a 2.5


View all my reviews

♥Until next time♥

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...