Friday, January 30, 2015

♥Seeker♥


Synopsis:


Quin Kincaid has been put through years of brutal training for what she thinks is the noble purpose of becoming a revered ‘Seeker’.

Only when it’s too late does she discover she will be using her new-found knowledge and training to become an assassin. Quin's new role will take her around the globe, from a remote estate in Scotland to a bustling, futuristic Hong Kong where the past she thought she had escaped will finally catch up with her.


Release Date: February 10, 2015



My rating: 1 of 5 stars

I'm sad to say this book is not up my ally.

First piece of advice

Great advice, if I do say so myself.

This was the very common "great concept, but a rather bad-horrible even-execution".


The writing was insipid, the world building, a catastrophe, the character's(and yes, I do mean all) depth was as shallow as a  kiddie pool. I felt it was truly all over the place and never created any anticipation to keep us glued.

It's told in third person, which I actually don't have a problem with. You would think that it would make it easier to follow the story better knowing what everyone is going through and feeling. HA! You just got played, cause it makes it all the worse!


So we're thrown into a world where Seekers exist. What is a Seeker, you may ask? Well, my friend, your guess is as good as mine. We are told nothing about what they do, who they are, why they even exist. They basically sound like cops. But with powers? I have no stinkin clue!


At the start it reads like an epic fantasy, but then they have modern things going on. These characters talk, live, and act as if it were medieval but then there's cars and tvs and actors. So where are we? Again. I have no stinkin clue!

And finally where it really kicked the bucket and hung itself to die was when they were finally going to get elected(was that the word? I doubt it) a Seeker and they go off on a mission.
They arrive at a house, the kids are anxious, things don't seem right. They're terrified, what are they doing there in the middle of the night? CHAPTER ENDS!!! Next chapter begins and she's all bloody and dirty and guilty about being a Seeker.
WAIT, WHAT???
PAUSE, REWIND AND RUN THAT BY ME ONE MORE TIME!
How could we just skip over a whole scene that proves the Seeker are not who they say they are? You can't skip THE scene that sets forth the story. You just can't!
End of story.



View all my reviews



♥Until next time♥

 

4 comments:

  1. Haha I love your reviews!
    I thought about checking this one out but looks like I just won't waste my time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY! I love making them, so it's a win win lol

      Yeah it really wasn't my type. Too bad I figured it out after I requested it :/

      Delete
  2. I've read so many negative reviews about this book and it's kind of disappointing because I have a lot of expectations for this book. I love the first gif you use! xD Btw, I see you are Team Damon. High-five! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! It broke my heart. I was so excited when I got this ARC becaus the blurb seemed so promising but it was just not for me, I guess. But I heard a couple of people liked it, so maybe you might too.
      And definitely Team Damon! Anyone standing against doesn't even begin to qualify lol *high fives you back*

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...