Monday, January 26, 2015

♥The Infinite Sea♥





Synopsis:


How do you rid the Earth of seven billion humans? Rid the humans of their humanity.

Surviving the first four waves was nearly impossible. Now Cassie Sullivan finds herself in new world, a world in which the fundamental trust that binds us together is gone. As the 5th Wave rolls across the landscape, Cassie, Ben, and Ringer are forced to confront the Others' ultimate goal: the extermination of the human race.

Cassie and her friends haven't seen the depths to which the Others will sink, nor have the Others seen the heights to which humanity will rise, in the ultimate battle between life and death, hope and despair, love and hate. 





♥♥This is book #2 in the series. Don't spoil yourself!♥♥


My rating: 3 of 5 stars


2.7 because I'm feeling stingy right now.

While everyone is loving this I'm here thinking "why the heck did I waste ten bucks on this? I could have wasted it on Wendy's".

No matter how beautifully written or emotionally provoking it was--which is why it's getting all those stars up there-- nothing happened. Nothing Happened. I don't know how much I can stress that point: Absolutely nothing happened!

Like I mentioned before, the writing is perfect really, but I must admit it was rather boring most of the time. It's amazing how Yancey could accomplish this--well, I guess all good writers can--bored the hell out of my mind but equally compelled, had to force myself to read but equally enthralled when I did. Now there's a riddle for you.

At points I did think he was a fan of hearing his own voice because there were just endless pages of poetic ramble. Poetic ramble that was absolutely senseless.

The thing is I'm extremely disappointed. Like disappointed to the point of pissed. Do you know how much I was waiting for this little guy to come out (well, not really that long. I read the 5th wave like a month ago. But that's not the point). The point is this was one of my highly anticipated books and for it to just come out and shock the hell out of me in the worst way possible? NOT COOL. This felt like a complete unnecessary plotless filler. I'll probably be in the minority here. Well, that just goes to show you just how special I am :)

What were your thoughts? Drop by and let me know. I'd love to hear from you!

View all my reviews

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...