Monday, January 26, 2015

♥Altered♥



Synopsis:


Everything about Anna’s life is a secret. Her father works for the Branch at the helm of its latest project: monitoring and administering treatments to the four genetically altered boys in the lab below their farmhouse. There’s Nick, Cas, Trev . . . and Sam, who has stolen Anna’s heart. When the Branch decides it’s time to take the boys, Sam stages an escape, killing the agents sent to retrieve them.

Anna is torn between following Sam or staying behind in the safety of her everyday life. But her father pushes her to flee, making Sam promise to keep her away from the Branch, at all costs. There’s just one problem. Sam and the boys don’t remember anything before living in the lab—not even their true identities.

Now on the run, Anna soon discovers that she and Sam are connected in more ways than either of them expected. And if they’re both going to survive, they must piece together the clues of their past before the Branch catches up to them and steals it all away. 


My rating: 3 of 5 stars


3.5

I'm not giving it a full 4 because I did end up putting it on-hold. Since I knew this was supposed to be action-packed I was slightly disappointed when the action didn't start right off the bat. Yeah, I lack all sorts of patience.

But let me tell you: Once it started, it never stopped.

THIS book was filled to the top with tension, had me at the edge of my seat, biting my nails, couldn't breath suspense.

Not perfect but nevertheless completely entertaining. Had me guessing throughout the entire book. Full of surprises, betrayals, twists and turns and in the end quiet satisfying.

Not a big fan of the romance though. Might have been because we saw so little of it reveled or not too well developed, Idk. I found myself being a Cas-Anna shipper


What can I say?? I'm a sucker for those goof-off easygoing types




2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. You know, it kinda felt dystopian, in the sense of always having to watch your back. But it was entertaining, I'll give it that.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...