Monday, January 26, 2015

♥Here Be Sexist Vampire♥



Synopsis:Sam Parker is a vampire with a gift so strong and substantial that she is invited to partake in a test for a place in the Grand High Master Vampire’s private army. She finds that not only has the army never included a woman, but it has never included a Sventé vampire; a breed that is regarded by the super strong Pagori breed and the hypnotically beautiful Keja breed to be too tame and human-like. Most refuse to take her seriously, especially a Pagori commander named Jared who she craves in spite of herself. The Grand High Master, however, sees her potential and offers her the position of Jared’s co-commander to help train the newest squad in time for the impending attack on his home. Sam has to demonstrate to Jared and the squad of chauvinists why it is incredibly foolish to underestimate a wilful, temperamental, borderline-homicidal Sventé female.Warning: This novel contains an iron-willed female vampire with an energy whip, a sexist male vampire who is determined to have her, explicit vampy sex, and a romance story with real bite.



My rating: 5 of 5 stars
HOLY CRAP

This book surpasses 5 measly stars! 5 stars doesn't even start to measure up to this book. It was an amazing, perfectly written book with easy to love and believable characters.

Samantha Parker- just SAM!!
She was a well written, well rounded character. She was fierce, snarky, witty and she GODDAMNED earned the respect of every male character in there! I fell in love with her!  She was funny as hell and would not allow herself to be put down by anything or anyone! She was crazy as heck and you better not do anything to piss her off unless you wanted something shoved up your backside! kudos to you girl!!

JARED
He is a chauvinist pig, ego overly inflated, highly irritating, cocky ass bastard and I wanted him every second of the book! This author is beyond capable of making you swoon over someone you want to beat senselessly beyond repair! How do you do it?? (view spoiler)

Every other character in the book is just as lovable. Sam explains it so well:
"I loved how protective Chico was of them all. I loved how Butch could look so calm even as he was plotting someone’s death. I loved how Damien could make any damn thing funny just by his mannerisms. I adored Denny’s innocent face and smile. I enjoyed watching Salem constantly bounce around like a boxer in the ring as if he actually believed he was there. I loved that proud expression Stuart wore every single time he’d travelled around as molecules. I could listen to Reuben’s distorted French accent all day long and never get bored of it. I liked the way, even when he was being a wanker, Max could always make me laugh. I even liked Harvey’s cockiness. I loved David’s vulnerability that lay beneath his maturity. And as for Jared…well I loved that sexist twat just because"




I don't know about you but I love me some strong female characters!

View all my reviews


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...