Monday, January 26, 2015

♥Steelheart♥


Synopsis:


Ten years ago, Calamity came. It was a burst in the sky that gave ordinary men and women extraordinary powers. The awed public started calling them Epics. But Epics are no friend of man. With incredible gifts came the desire to rule. And to rule man you must crush his wills.

Nobody fights the Epics...nobody but the Reckoners. A shadowy group of ordinary humans, they spend their lives studying Epics, finding their weaknesses, and then assassinating them.

And David wants in. He wants Steelheart - the Epic who is said to be invincible. The Epic who killed David's father. For years, like the Reckoners, David's been studying, and planning - and he has something they need. Not an object, but an experience.

He's seen Steelheart bleed. And he wants revenge.



My rating: 2 of 5 stars

Buddy read with Raquel and Reece



2.5
It was OK
It feels to me that this is just one of many dystopians. Doesn't really stand out in anything in particular but I don't discourage anyone from reading it because it's probably a 'its me not you cliche' thing going on.

It started out a strong 5 star book but it ended up being like New Years Countdown 5...4...3..2 as the story went on.


I think I would have liked it better if I'd like David... or Megan...or Prof and Tia for that matter.
I did however like Cory's quirkiness and Abraham's Zen personality.


BUT I am definitely willing to read the next in the series. It does have potential to be greater and I've heard the author is really good so her I come Firefight




Let me hear your thoughts :)


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...