Sunday, March 15, 2015

♥Confess♥


Synopsis:

Auburn Reed has her entire life mapped out. Her goals are in sight and there’s no room for mistakes. But when she walks into a Dallas art studio in search of a job, she doesn’t expect to find a deep attraction to the enigmatic artist who works there, Owen Gentry.
For once, Auburn takes a risk and puts her heart in control, only to discover Owen is keeping major secrets from coming out. The magnitude of his past threatens to destroy everything important to Auburn, and the only way to get her life back on track is to cut Owen out of it.

The last thing Owen wants is to lose Auburn, but he can’t seem to convince her that truth is sometimes as subjective as art. All he would have to do to save their relationship is confess. But in this case, the confession could be much more destructive than the actual sin…

My rating: 4 of 5 stars
CoHo strikes again!
I didn't even read the blurb. Just saw the title followed by the author and went on my merry way to press WANT TO READ.

You know, sometimes I truly wish I was some kind of swordsman of words. That way I'd just have to open my mouth and words that would spear your heart and torture your soul could come flowing out. Words that could express the beauty of what I'd just read. Words that would leave you speechless and awed. In wonder and dazed.
Other times, I wish I could paint you a picture. A masterpiece detailing the beauty that is a story. An image that can depict the profundity of what I've just found. I wish I could draw you a world just so you can get a glimpse of what I've just felt.
But I'm not an author, nor am I an artist. So I can't sway you with words or render you powerless with colors. I can't paint you a world and much less amaze you with writing.
So, I'll just leave you with the beauty that is Colleen Hoover. Confess, a story submerged in confessions. Be them light and fun or dark and gritty with the one common finality that they are all real. Some will break your heart while others will make you smile.
Like all her books before, uniqueness takes hold.
Be it art, music, or poetry, you'll never guess what's about to unfold.
So go and grab Confess, a novel
and just you wait to be unraveled. (Yes, I just did that.)
It's not perfection for flaws are everywhere. Isnta-love takes a bow and drama will appear. I could have done without Trey and even Owen creeped me out. Auburn did annoy me and was stupid at times. The end wrapped up too nicely and finished before it begun. But in the end I'll come full circle cause like I said "CoHo strikes again!"

PS: This felt like one huge buddy read cause Confess exploded my feeds in just a few days. So here's every one of my friends who read it with me (in my mind :P). Check out their reviews!
Kat Stark
Amy(Foxy)
Beverly
Brandi
J *I did it all for the nookie.The book nookie*
Arianna
Geri
MELISSA
Arabella
Ilse
Deanna
Patty

PPS: Told you it was a lot :P



View all my reviews


♥Until next time♥
 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...