Friday, March 13, 2015

♥Black Lies♥


Synopsis:

Brant: 
Became a tech billionaire by his twentieth birthday. Has been in a relationship with me for 3 years.
Has proposed 4 times. Been rejected 4 times.

Lee: 
Cuts grass when he’s not banging housewives. Good with his hands, his mouth, and his cock. Has been pursued relentlessly by me for almost 2 years, whether he knows it or not.
Go ahead. Judge me. You have no idea what my love entails.
If you think you’ve heard this story before, trust me – you haven’t.
My rating: 2 of 5 stars
♥{Ever So Mela}♥{Bloglovin}♥{Google+}♥

***I understand why a lot of people could really get into this. Had I had a different mindset I would have LUUURVED it too***

BTW don't read the author's note beforehand. It'll completely spoil you!

On to the review...

So I'm probably one of the dumbest people out there cause I didn't guess the BIG SECRET up until like 20 pages beforemaybe less. I might not have been paying that much attention. I mean I started reading this like at 11 PM cause I couldn't sleep and ended up finishing in one sitting at around 4 AM. So I have a plausible excuse for my incompetence.


So let me get into this before the BIG SECRET dilemma. I liked the beginning and by that I mean the prologue. I'm not one to offended or whanot by cheating in books. Cheating was actually the reason I wanted to read this. It seemed intriguing and all kinds of dirty and what can I say? Dirtiness beckons me. What bothered me was that I had to wait for half the fricking book for said dirtiness to appear. Yes, I also lack patience.

I also had a problem with the characters. First off, they all fell flat. One dimensional waste of space. I couldn't for the life of me connect with anyone. And I mean anyone!Lana or Layana or whatever other nickname you want to call her I vote for psychotic bitch was one huge hypocrite to me. All she raved about was how cruel, arrogant, selfish, and entitled the rich elite all were but she was the same stinkin way all though the damn book. Then the way she let Lee talk to her!!
Women do you know the meaning of self respect?!?And don't you dare say luurve is the reason for this. Hell no. She lets herself be objectified so many times it got me sick to the point of my stomach turning
At one point she muses...
He fucks me as if I am dirty and his slut and his to do whatever he wishes with. He fucks me as if he can give an order and I will drop to my knees to worship him... I cry his name and close my eyes to the tears as he fucks me because all of it is true."
The fact that she could find that sexy is beyond me. Maybe I'm just a prude. Or maybe I just don't roll with dysfunctional shit. Oooor maybe she's in need of a therapist and CBT *shrug*

Then we had Brant with his intelligence O.o

I think the worst pre-BIG SECRET dilemma for me was the sex. It felt the same with both guys and at all times did absolutely nothing for me. If all else goes wrong at least the sex must be good! I didn't even get the tiniest bit excited over this and that's when you know shit has hit the fan.

On to the BIG SECRET...
Which I won't spoil. Found a way to talk around it :D YAY me!

I don't think it's a big secret about how I feel about illness that appear in books. I've ranted tons of times on previous reviews because inconsistencies drive me up the wall. I could maybe stand for one or two and that's asking too much. Yes, I realize I'm a nitpicking bitch  but I just can't help myself. It's like an OCD trait, the more I try to ignore the compulsion the worse the obsession gets. I really do try to get past inconsistencies but I just can't. And sadly that really ruins a book for me.

So I understand an author has to sometimes fantasize an illness do make it bend to their will and plot but OMG I refuse believe something so far fetched in a contemporary romance. It was like watching a soap opera where the female main character has fallen in love with her long lost brother who was given away at birth and has come back to plot revenge on her father's sister's cousin's nephew for raping his once teenager mother along with his best friend's brother's step sister's boyfriend's other long lost brother...wait, What?! EXACTLY! (yes, I'm just spewing shit now) But you see how ridiculous that sounds? Where there you have it. Black Lies for you :D

In the end this would have gotten a higher rating out of me just for the "holy plot twist Batman" had I been able to overlook the discrepancies. Definitely!


♥Until next time♥
 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...